Hall Mead School - ASD Resource
Approved - Hall Mead School has a specially resourced provision for up to 10 students who are on the autistic spectrum
- The Autistic Resource is not a separate unit but an approach which deals with students on an individual basis.
- The aim is to integrate the students into the mainstream classes as much as possible. However timetables are personalised to reduce anxiety and students can be taught on a one to one basis.
- Life skills are an important element of the curriculum offered and shopping, managing money and travel training are also taught.
- There are a range of activities offered in a social club at break and lunch times.
Who to contact
Where to go
- RM14 1SF
- Referral Details
- The Personal Development Centre is on the first floor and has a toilet as well as a kitchen. There is no wheelchair access to this area.
- There is wheelchair access to another area of the Learning Support Department where students on the autistic spectrum can be taught.
- Other notes
Further information can be obtained from the Head of the Resource at the contact details given.
- Ofsted URN
- Latest Ofsted Report
Latest Ofsted Report Inspection Date Rating Publication Date 07/02/2013 Outstanding 04/03/2013
- Local Offer Age Bands
- 11-16 years
- SEN Provision Type