Romford United Reformed Church Playgroup
We are OUTSTANDING. The Romford United Reformed Church Playgroup opened in 1979. We are situated within a church building in central Romford in the London Borough of Havering. The pre-school playgroup is close to the shopping town centre, local schools, public transport and other community resources and within walking distance of 2 local parks and the library. We are able to provide funded spaces for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Our Playgroup meets at the following times:
Monday -Friday from 9am-12noon (term time only).
Our Playgroup offers pre-school education and care for children from 2years 6months – 5years.
We work in partnership with Havering Education Services .
All of our practitioners are parents and as such we understand and run the playgroup for you as parents too. Our aim is to enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age. We are here to provide a safe, warm, caring and stimulating environment for your children where they are free to enjoy, play and learn. We aim to work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families.
We offer your child:-
- A specially tailored curriculum with regard to the “Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage”, which leads towards approved Early Learning Goals.
- Children are observed and achievements and progress recorded on a regular basis to help plan for their development and learning.
- The support of a key practitioner but we value the importance of all Practitioners being friendly and approachable and forming good relationships with all the children in our care.
- Individual care and attention made possible by a high ratio of adults to children.
- Fun and friendship with children and other adults.
- A wide range of activities and resources to encourage independent choice and opportunities to learn skills through play and participation. We have special regard to language and mathematical thinking, imagination and creativity.
- A good balance of adult-led and child-led activities and those that give children the opportunity to explore and experiment in initiating their own play and learning.
- Opportunities for you and your family to be involved in the activities of the Playgroup and in your own child’s progress.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Susan Cole and Lesley Marriott
- Contact Position
- Playgroup Partners
Our website provides information and contact details for prospective parents and also information such as newsletters for our existing parents.
Find out about our team, our Ofsted reports, view photographs, read testimonials and see our policies and procedures.
Where to go
- Romford United Reformed Church
- RM1 3LP
Entry to the playgroup can be obtained by following the footpath on the left hand side of the church. Enter through the double glass doors, which will take you into the church entrance. Walk towards the other glass doors (in front of you) and on the left you will see two sets of stairs, one going up and one going down. Take the set of stairs going down and go through the glass doors. At the second glass door you will be able to gain entry to the playgroup by tapping on the door. A practitioner will come and meet you and ask you to sign into the visitors book.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £15.00 per session £10.00 per term
- When you are offered and then accept a place at our pre-school playgroup a £30 holding deposit is requested to hold your place for you, but this is deducted from your child's first half terms fees or in the case of a child that is 2, 3 or 4 year old funded refunded when the child starts. The £10 per term is for snack time refreshments and ingredients for cooking activities.
- Other notes
We are Ofsted Registered with an OUTSTANDING rating.
We also hold the Basic Skills Quality Mark for Early Years which we have successfully retained three times in a row.
We are registered for Tax Free Childcare.
We also take payment via childcare vouchers.
- Has Provision
- We are not ideally based for wheelchair access, but the church does have a stair lift.
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Immediate vacancies
- We do have a waiting list for September 2020 and at the moment have a few places available for September 2019.
- Date updated
- 3/4 year olds - 15 hour Universal Offer
- 2 year olds - 15 Hour Offer
- 3/4 year olds - 30 hour Extended Offer (Working Parents)
- Yes .
- Tax Free childcare (Working Parents)
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 9am 12 noon Tuesday 9am 12 noon Wednesday 9am 12 noon Thursday 9am 12 noon Friday 9am 12 noon
Arts & Crafts
Books & Storytelling
Both indoor and outdoor activities
Role play dressing up
Messy Play Area
Songs, Rhymes and Music
Small world toys
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Latest Ofsted Report
Latest Ofsted Report Inspection Date Rating Publication Date 15/03/2018 Outstanding 07/04/2018