Diabetes service - NELFT
The diabetes service provides support for healthcare professionals and people over the age of 18 living with type one and type two diabetes.
The service provides:
- evidence-based specialist assessments
- care planning
- clinical management advice to patients and carers
- structured and specialist self management education courses for patients, families and carers
- training for healthcare professionals to update their knowledge and skills
- act as a consultative service for all healthcare professionals caring for patients with diabetes
- clinics for ‘pump’ patients
The team also co-ordinates specialist support services such as nutrition, foot care and signposts to retinal screening for house bound patients and patients with learning difficulties.
Who to contact
Where to go
- RM3 9SU
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9am 5pm
- Time of day
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals are accepted via your GP.
Referrals are accepted through single point of access (SPA).
criteria: People over 17 years old with diabetes, newly diagnosed or have existing type one or two diabetes, frequent hospital admissions: for example, diabetes ketoacidosis, recurrent hypoglycaemia and or insulin initiation/insulin dose adjustment. Patients who live in Havering and/or registered with a Havering GP.