Eating Disorder Service - NELFT
The eating disorder service (EDS) offers specialist assessment and treatment to people aged eight and above (adults, adolescents and children). The service works with individuals and their families to support them in their recovery.
Services provided by EDS include:
- psychological treatments delivered on an individual basis, to families and in groups;
- dietetic input and nutritional support;
- medical and nursing assessment and intervention.
The decision to offer a service will be based upon the individual's ability to benefit from treatments for an eating disorder.
The EDS team includes a consultant psychiatrist, specialist adult and CAMHS nurses, CBT therapists, family therapists, dieticians and psychologists.
For our Community Eating Disorder Service for Children and Young People (CEDS-CYP) appointments can also be booked at:
30 Coleridge Road,
Who to contact
Where to go
The Hope Wing, Porters Avenue Health Centre, 234
- RM8 2EQ
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Opening times: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Time of day
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals will be accepted from GPs, community mental health teams, home treatment teams (HTTs), and the A&E liaison service. Referrals should be emailed to email@example.com where possible. Please ensure patient identifiable information is password protected.
- aged eight and over with no upper age limit
- registered with a GP in Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge, or Waltham Forest
- people who are not registered with a GP but are ordinarily resident in the four localities above
- people meeting the criteria for the spectrum of eating disorders including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder and eating disorders not otherwise specified
Test results required at referral:
- current weight and height
- recent weight loss
- blood test – FBC, U&E, glucose sodium & potassium, TFT, LFT, calcium and phosphate