Sparrows St George's Nursery
Originally known as St George's Pre-school, we are one of three settings now owned by Sparrows childcare. http://www.sparrowschildcare.co.uk/
We are a Christian nursery based in the heart of Harold hill. We are a diverse setting and inclusive to all faiths. Our location is in the church and centre at the top of Harold hill shopping centre (Hilldene). St George's provide a stimulating, fun, safe and secure environment, all members of staff have appropriate childcare qualifications the Manager has a foundation degree. Both the Manager and deputy Manager have been part of the team for 14 years.
We have been open as a pre-school nursery since 1985 although there have been many changes made since opening. We now have a bigger play area where we can accommodate up to 34 children per session. We also have a new outside area which we won second place (grant) through the Tesco bag incentive, this is a lovely spacious area which the children love.
We offer both Am and Pm sessions 9 - 12 or 1 - 2, and also 9 - 3 or 9 - 4. Funding spaces are also available for 2 (2 year offer) , 3 and 4 years olds including the 30 hour offer as well as fee payers. You are able to do both funding and pay if this is a requirement.
The last Ofsted inspection was 12 November 2018 where we maintained the GOOD rating as per the last 4 inspections. The safeguarding is of high standard as mentioned in previous reports.
Our Nursery Aims
- To create an atmosphere of encouragement, acceptance, and respect where children can grow in confidence and independence
- To respond sensitively to children's individual needs
- To value all parents and children and respond sensitively to the beliefs, hopes, and fears of families
Who to contact
Where to go
- Church and centre
- RM3 8HX
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9 - 4
- Time of day
- Term Time
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 5.00 per hour
- Sessions are 15 pounds per 3 hours
- Immediate vacancies
- 3/4 year olds - 15 hour Universal Offer
- 2 year olds - 15 Hour Offer
- 3/4 year olds - 30 hour Extended Offer (Working Parents)
- Yes .
- Tax Free childcare (Working Parents)
- Ofsted URN
- Latest Ofsted Report
Latest Ofsted Report Inspection Date Rating Publication Date 12/11/2018 03/12/2018
- Local Offer Age Bands
- 0-5 years