2sleep - sleep support for children of all ages and needs
2sleep is a private sleep service run by Vanessa Moore - a sleep practitioner trained by NHS Solent in Southampton and the charity Scope. The service aims to provide practical help to support families who have a child with sleep issues and professionals working with families either through workshops and seminars or through one to one support. In particular 2sleep provide advice and support for families dealing with sleep issues in children with additional needs. In most cases there are simple strategies that can be put in place to help overcome sleep problems and make significant improvements and as a practitioner who has a child with additional needs Vanessa understands the impact that dealing with sleep problems can have on families.
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Individual consultations via Phone or Zoom are available across AM / PM and weekdays and weekends.
- Time of day
- Session Information
workshops and drop in sessions can be provided across AM / PM and weekdays and weekends.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 1 hour consultation via phone or Zoom £40 per hour 1 hour consultation plus written sleep plan £120 per session 3 hour sleep seminar at client venue £425 per session 2 hour webinar / seminar via Zoom £300
- 2sleep is a private sleep practice providing sleep consultations and training to support families experiencing sleep issues with their child. For more information about all the services available and costs please visit the 2sleep website www.2sleep.org or call 07914 308227 .
- Referral required
- Other notes
What do Sleep Practitioners do?
Sleep Practitioners undertake specialised training on how children sleep and different kinds of sleep disorders. Using a behavioural perspective, they examine how children develop poor sleep patterns, how much of this is learned behaviour or environment.
- Help families to understand sleep issues that their children are experiencing
- Identify and assess sleep issues through taking a detailed sleep history from families
- Devise an individual sleep programme for the child that is carried out by the family
- Support families in implementing sleep advice and strategies with mentoring
- Provide advice on good sleep practices for children of all ages and needs through workshops and seminars
Sleep support and advice can be provided by 2sleep for children age 12 months to teens with and without additional needs. About 40% of children have a sleep problem considered to be significant by their parents but this figure can be much higher for children with additional needs because often there are specific sleep issues which are associated with different disorders and syndromes. Support can be through individual consultations via phone or video conferencing. Seminars and workshops can be delivered online or at a client venue in London / Essex / Suffolk / Norfolk / Cambridgeshire