Employment Opportunities, CareTrade Charitable Trust
To provide Employment Support to young adults with autism living in London. To increase opportunities for work experience, develop employability skills, apply for jobs and succeed in employment.
How is this provided?
- A series of 8 workshops focusing on developing employability skills
- 1:1 sessions with CareTrade staff to undertake job searching/applications/interviews etc.
- Access to supported work experience opportunities and our mock interview programme
- Weekly group sessions with peers and Programme Coordinator to discuss experiences/progress
- Support at interviews
- In work support once employment is secured if required (funded by Access to Work)
- Support is provided for up to 9 months.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Clarence Centre
6 St Georges Circus
- SE1 6FE
The nearest underground station is Elephant and Castle. Our offices are fully accessible.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 9am - 5pm
- Time of day
- Term Time
- There is a ‘per person’ fee. Where a young person qualifies for support from Social Services this may be funded by the Local Authority. Alternatively this may be met privately. Do you need to pay for this service? We will advise you on who to approach within your Local Authority if you don’t have a social worker. If you already receive Direct Payments from Social Services then you will be responsible for meeting the costs of the course.
- Referral Details
Young people can self-refer- request an application form from the email address in the ‘contact us’ section. If you have a social worker please speak with them about this and if you don’t please contact your Local Authority and request an assessment.
If parents/carers/professionals know a young person who may be interested they must ask the young person to complete the application/to be supported to complete it. We also hold information sessions which are advertised on our website www.care-trade.org
- Other notes
We accept applicants from across all London boroughs.