Skip to main content

Care to Learn

What is Care to Learn?

If you are a young parent, Care to Learn can help pay for your childcare and related travel costs while you're learning. The subject or course you take is entirely up to you. For example, you can choose whether you want to take a qualification or not, and whether you want to learn at a college or through work. Wherever you decide to learn, you can be confident that your child is being safely looked after.

Am I eligible?
You can usually claim Care to Learn funding if you are living in England, and can answer "yes" to the following five questions:

Are you under 20 years old?
Are you caring for your own child or children?
Do you live in England; are you a British Citizen; or a national of another country within the European Economic Area (EEA)? (if you are not one of these contact 0800 121 8989 as you may still be eligible)
Are you taking a course in a school; sixth form; sixth form college; college; Children's Centre. If not are you part of an Entry 2 Employment (e2e) programme or an apprenticeship? Are you using registered childcare?
Please note however that the government are currently looking to change the way parents aged 19 and over receive financial support from September 2012.

How do I apply?
You can now apply before you have decided which course you want to take or which childcare provider you wish to use, however you should apply before your course starts or within 28 days of starting.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Care to Learn
0800 121 8989

Where to go

Give Us Your Feedback

A - Z of Services