Skip to main content

Disabled Children's Register

What is the Disabled Children's Register?

The register is a database that holds information about children and young people with disabilities who live in Havering.

Why do we have a register and what is it used for?

The Children's Act 1989 requires us to keep a register. The register helps us to plan and develop services for children and young people with disabilities, it helps us to know who we have and where they are. In addition to planning, the register also helps us to involve and inform families as well as keep in touch and share news and information.

Who can access information from the register?

The register is held within the Children and Adults with disablities team. The information will be used primarily by this team to keep you up to date with information about appropriate services for your family. However, as a secondary use, we may share anonymised information with other council teams and partner agencies, to help us jointly plan services. Registering on the Disability Register will not affect any services or benefits that you currently receive; it will also not guarantee your child and additional services or benefits.

Do you have to register your child?

No, the register is voluntary. Your child does not have to be on the register to receive services and support from health or social care. You can request to have your child's details removed at any time.

How do I sign up?

All you need to do is click the Create/edit a Disabled Children's Register record button below. Once registered on the site, you can then "Sign In" and add your child / young person to the Disabled Children's Register.

Give Us Your Feedback

A - Z of Services