On 1st September 2020, an online Return to School Information Session was held for Havering parents and carers.
The session covered:
- The evidence for why it’s okay for children to return to school
- An overview of the measures schools have put in place
- An introduction to the support available from School Nursing, CAMHS and CAD team
- Practical tips for supporting children’s emotional wellbeing, including reducing and managing any anxiety about the return to school
On 23rd September 2020, a second session offered a main session and breakout sessions that covered:
- Main Session Part 1:
- Rates and what do they mean for us
- Where are we now?
- Test and Trace
- Main Session Part 2:
- Main Session Part 3:
- Talking with children and teens about Covid-19 and social distancing
- Breakout Sessions:
- Emotional Wellbeing
- ‘Flu Immunisations
- School Catering
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Transport and Travel
For parents who missed these sessions or would like to listen again, recordings are provided below where available. Slidesets and/ or resources can also be found in the download section of this page.
Parents were invited to ask questions in advance of, and during, the sessions. A FAQ document has been compiled with answers to these questions and is available in the download section of this page. This also incorporates questions and answers from the sessions for which there is no recording or slideset.