Did you know your early education and childcare provider may be entitled to approximately £350 additional funding called the Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) to improve and enrich your child's education?
Your early education and childcare provider will work closely with you to specifically consider the learning and developmental needs of your child. The EYPP can be spent in various ways e.g. making a difference through improved staff training, extra resources or support for children.
When Ofsted inspect your provider, they will evaluate whether the additional funding is being used effectively, to support your child's outcomes in the best possible way.
The EYPP will not pay for:
- Additional fees
- Registration fees
Families may be eligible for free funded education and care for their three and four year olds if the child is receiving their free early education and childcare and if the parent receives one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- Tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Your child may also be eligible if any of the following apply:
- they’re looked after by a local council
- they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
Please note four year olds in primary school reception classes who already receive the school-age pupil premium are not eligible for EYPP funding.
You do not need to apply for EYPP, your early education and childcare provider will do so when they have received your permission to do so. They will check your details and confrm with you if your family is eligible for the offer.