Havering SENDIASS provides free, impartial and confidential information, advice and support service offering assistance to parents/carers of children with SEND aged 0-16 years and young people (with SEND) themselves 16-25 years.
Please note that we can support parents/carers of young people who are 16-25 years old if the young person would prefer us to liaise with them rather than themselves or the young person lacks mental capacity.
Our service can;
- Provide impartial advice and information
- Give practical support
- Explain the different stages of the Education Health and Care Needs Process
- Read through draft EHCP and assist parents/carers/young people with any amendments that need to be made
- Accompany parents/carers/young people to meetings to support them and ensure their voice is heard.
- Negotiating on behalf of parents/carers and young people in appropriate circumstances
- Providing advocacy for parents/carers and young people between the place of education or Local Authority or other parties if necessary
- Liaise with other professionals including Social Services
- Signpost parents/carers and young people to relevant services such as support groups or professional agencies
- Assist parents/carers and young people to make informed decisions on a range of issues, including identifying suitable schools (however we cannot decide for you or name a school)
- Provide information on education transfer stages
- Preparation for Annual Reviews for Education Health and Care Plans
SENDIASS operates an ‘arm’s length’ from the Local Authority. The service provided is impartial and confidentiality will be assured to anyone seeking information, advice and/or support from any representative of the service. Please complete the contact and consent form on this page if you wish for us to help you.
For full information about our service and how to xontact us, please visit our website: www.haveringsendiass.co.uk
DUE TO THE OUTBREAK OF CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), THE SERVICE WILL NOW OPERATE ON A TELEPHONE AND EMAIL BASIS ONLY.
THIS WILL BE MONITORED ON A REGULAR BASIS
To contact us, please complete our online Contact & Consent Form (see external links) or alternatively, visit our website on www.haveringsendiass.co.uk and complete a Contact Us Form if you haven’t found the information needed online.
DUE TO THE OUTBREAK OF CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), THE SERVICE NOW OPERATES ON A TELEPHONE AND EMAIL BASIS ONLY. THIS WILL BE MONITORED ON A REGULAR BASIS.
SENDIASS CAN STILL ATTEND MEETINGS, THIS WILL ONLY BE ON A VIRTUAL CAPACITY.